Thursday, January 20, 2011

More Books on the Shelf..

more ways to procrastinate.  Sick that I am.  I watched a lame Christian comic on You Tube a while back.  He was monologuing about how he has no conversion testimony.  It was painful and stupid to watch.  The Road to Damascus is a book about 15 converts to the Catholic Faith. No two conversion story was alike, but every person was an author, before and after the conversion to Rome. I felt kind of like that comic.  I have no story, I am just a zealot.  I don't want to be. I am finding it really ugly.

The next book I pulled from the shelf is Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic.  My books are cataloged some what, I guess I am on the Apologetics and Conversion story shelf.  This one is written in the language of the Evangelical.  It is painful to read the attitude David Currie and his Christian brethren have about Catholic Christians. Some sects don't associate with those who associate with Catholics, and some just don't associate with Catholics.

I am so fed up with the lies that get thrown around about the  human person in this culture of death, I am like a fundamentalist zealot. I have forgotten Jesus First, He will take care of our human dignity.  I need to practice some surrender and  silence. It has come to my attention that without exception, ALL of the stories I have read, happen independently of someone pointing out ANYTHING amiss in the faith being practiced.  It is ALL a provocation of the Holy Spirit, GENTLY questioning the soul, the soul continues looking for answers, and they arrive Home to a fullness of faith, Jesus in the Eucharist.

I am going to set this book aside.  I enjoyed reading this man's conversion story, the rest of the book is Apologetics, and I am not in need of that. I get into enough trouble as it is. Though purusing through the chapters, he does an EXCELLENT job of explaining the Faith in ways I have never read or heard before.  I might even make a note inside, just in case I forget that I better read something else.  I will have it on my loan out or give away for anyone who would like to have it.

On to another tome.

No comments:

Post a Comment